Posted July 29, 2022
HelpGood seeks a purpose-driven and experienced Account Manager who can work independently, partner with clients, develop and help implement strategies and tactics that will improve our client marketing and communications efforts. You will help our clients better connect, engage and activate their stakeholder populations. All the members of our team are veritable Swiss Army knives; they are curious, clear, confident, proactive, independent thinkers and doers. We thrive on helping clients uncover strategic insights, develop mission aligned plans, and then act on those plans.
This position will take a lead role on multiple client engagements so you will need to be detail focused and effective at project management.
This role is based in Los Angeles. While it is work from home, we do need the person to be physically based in Los Angeles County. This position reports to an Account Director.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Study client organization profile and operations to understand its marketing needs.
- Conduct marketing research to identify industry trends and commercial opportunities.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy according to objectives and budget.
- Concept and execute on creative campaigns and rebranding initiatives.
- Develop and give presentations to clients, lead meetings, run conference calls.
- Digital is a core component of our service offering, so you will be charged with:
- Social – editorial calendar management, content creation and curation, influencer outreach and engagement, publishing, event, real-time engagement, community management.
- Email – creating and managing ongoing campaigns.
- Site – content updates, conversion optimization, oversee commerce/donations, rebuild and redesign oversight, rebranding oversight.
- Paid/donated media – Planning and managing across social, search, remarketing, display, programmatic and other emerging media platforms.
- Analytics and evaluation – tracking results metrics across all platforms, producing summary reports, developing insights and optimizing tactics
- Support new business pitch process, contributing to proposals and presentations.
- Track client and project time and expenses.
- Perform general office duties regarding your client work, such as emailing, and handling routine correspondence.
- Some travel to client/vendor offsite.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or related area.
- 3-5 years of related experience in an agency environment.
- Professional maturity is a must as is the ability to persuade and motivate target audiences through written materials, social media and in presentations.
- Diverse experience in advertising, community relations, digital marketing, social media, digital media planning and buying, and a proven ability to successfully manage communications projects.
- Proven experience managing creative campaigns from conception to ongoing management and marketing optimization.
- Experience with digital collaboration tools like G Suite and Basecamp.
- Experience with WordPress, Drupal, Salesforce, Pardot, Classy, and/or other marketing automation, fundraising, peer-to-peer and funnels platforms.
- Capable of partnering and communicating with clients effectively with confidence – strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Friendly and engaging style and demeanor, with strong motivation and professionalism.
- Can operate and lead in situations where the path forward is unclear – you can chart the course forward.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Detail-oriented, multitasker who manage challenges effectively.
- Understanding of and experienced working with diverse populations.
- Ability to establish successful community partnerships, public-private partnerships.
- Strong interest in social issues.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
HelpGood is a full-service marketing and communications agency focused on advancing social good. We help nonprofits, foundations and purpose-driven organizations make a lasting social impact. HelpGood’s offices are in Los Angeles and NYC. We are certified as a B corp, a Disabled Owned Business Enterprise and as an LGBT Business Enterprise.
We’ve worked with leading organizations across a variety of social causes and campaigns including animal welfare, diversity and inclusion, the environment, education, human rights, physical and mental health, social justice, and women’s rights. Our clients include leading local and national nonprofits, foundations, government agencies, philanthropists and corporate social responsibility teams like the Ad Council, United Way, Planned Parenthood, data.org, DisabilityIN, NYU, UCLA, Housing Works, Animal League America, and the longest-running public service campaign in history, Smokey Bear.
Our marketing and communications work includes crafting campaigns, amplifying messages, creating awareness, inspiring action and cultivating sustainable movements that create social impact at scale.
- $65,000-$80,000 per year.
- Partially subsidized Health, Dental and Vision options.
- Voluntary Disability Insurance options.
- Company-Sponsored $10,000 Term Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance.
- Health Advocate membership that provides unlimited, confidential access to a dedicated consultant (known as a Personal Health Advocate) to help you resolve healthcare and insurance-related issues.
- 401(k) Safe Harbor plan with a nonelective contribution of 3% of your eligible compensation for the Plan Year (regardless of whether you elect to contribute), after 90 calendar days of employment.
- Discretionary performance-based bonuses.
- 10 days paid vacation (that increases with longer retention, up to 15 maximum).
- 11 paid holidays per year. Additional vacation/flex-time between Christmas & New Year’s.
- 6 Paid personal/sick days.
- Annual $500 professional development stipend.
- Monthly $100 tech/communications stipend.
- $15/month in ClassPass fitness contribution.
- New client bonus (2.5% of any non-inbound client during the first year we work with them).
- For NYC, based employees, 50% contribution on Citi Bike membership.
- Satisfaction knowing that your work is helping make the world a better place.
Our Commitment To Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
HelpGood believes that we produce better outcomes when there is a diversity of voices, people and experiences involved in doing the work. We hope you share those values and would help to continually cultivate your curiosity in the world and in others both at work and outside of work as most of our work is focused on creating a more equitable, inclusive and safe world for all.