Posted April 26, 2022
HelpGood seeks a purpose-driven and experienced Paid Media Specialist! Ideal person will love to work independently, partner with clients, develop and help implement strategies and tactics that will improve our client marketing and communications efforts. You will help them better connect, engage and activate their audiences. All the members of our team are veritable Swiss Army knives; they are curious, clear, confident, proactive, independent thinkers and doers.
This position will take a lead role on multiple client engagements so you will need to be detail focused and effective at project management to stay on track. This role is based in New York- work from home with some in-person meetings, complying to COVID-19 guidelines – and reports to HelpGood’s CSO.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Manage paid and donated media for HelpGood’s social impact focused clients. You will be working on any client project that has a paid or donated media campaign involved.
- You will be very hands-on and manage all aspects of our paid media efforts including assessment, strategy, planning, buying, negotiating, placement, testing, optimization, analytics tracking, reporting and insights development.
- You will mostly focus on digital campaigns, but also support paid media programs across all channels.
- Client needs vary so you will be supporting awareness, acquisition, direct response, growth, retention, branding, downloads, engagement and other kinds of media campaigns.
- Build and maintain relationships with partners e.g. platforms, publishers, agencies, brands
- Manage client accounts across all major digital, social and programmatic platforms (i.e. Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter) – you will be responsible for onboarding and maintaining the client media channels, managing and optimizing their financial investments to drive the best ROI. Also manage client media investments in all other platforms: OOH, outdoor, experiential, co-op, mobile, etc.
- Responsible for deal negotiations, agreements and onboarding of media partners
- Support new business pitch process, contributing to proposals and presentations.
- Track client and project time and expenses.
- Perform general office duties regarding your client work, such as emailing, and handling routine correspondence.
- Some travel to client/vendor offsite.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or related area.
- 3-5 years of related experience in a paid media role, preferably at a media agency. Strong understanding of and experience in working with performance media and/or marketing.
- Professional maturity is a must as is the ability to persuade and motivate target audiences through written materials, social media and in presentations.
- Diverse experience. Proven experience managing paid media campaigns from conception to ongoing management and marketing optimization.
- Experience with digital collaboration tools like G Suite and Basecamp.
- Experience with WordPress, Drupal, Salesforce, Pardot, Classy, and/or other marketing automation, fundraising, peer-to-peer and funnels platforms.
- Capable of partnering and communicating with clients effectively with confidence – strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Friendly and engaging style and demeanor, with strong motivation and professionalism.
- Can operate and lead in situations where the path forward is unclear – you can chart the course forward.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Understanding of and experienced working with diverse populations.
- Strong interest in social issues.
- Google and Social Media certifications preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Partially subsidized Health, Dental and Vision options.
- Voluntary Disability Insurance options.
- Company-Sponsored $10,000 Term Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance.
- Health Advocate membership that provides unlimited, confidential access to a dedicated consultant to help you resolve healthcare and insurance-related issues.
- 401K plan with 3% non-elective Company contribution after 90 days of service.
- Discretionary performance-based bonuses.
- 2 weeks paid vacation (that increases with longer retention, up to 15 maximum).
- 11 paid holidays per year. Additional vacation/flex-time between Christmas & New Year’s.
- 6 paid personal/sick days.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Annual $500 professional development stipend.
- Monthly $100 tech/communications stipend.
- $15/month in ClassPass fitness contribution.
- New client bonus (2.5% of any non-inbound client during the first year we work with them).
- Dog-friendly office in LA close to the Grove and Farmers Market.
- Satisfaction knowing that your work is helping make the world a better place.
HelpGood is a marketing and communications agency focused on advancing social good. We help nonprofits, foundations and purpose-driven organizations make a lasting social impact. HelpGood’s offices are in Los Angeles and NYC. We are certified as a Disabled Owned Business Enterprise and as an LGBT Business Enterprise.
We’ve worked with leading organizations across a variety of social causes and campaigns including animal welfare, diversity and inclusion, the environment, education, human rights, physical and mental health, social justice, and women’s rights. Our clients include leading local and national nonprofits, foundations, government agencies, philanthropists and corporate social responsibility teams like the Ad Council, United Way, Planned Parenthood, data.org, DisabilityIN, NYU, Valor, Housing Works, Animal League America, and the longest-running public service campaign in history, Smokey Bear.
Our marketing and communications work includes crafting campaigns, amplifying messages, creating awareness, inspiring action and cultivating sustainable movements that create social impact at scale.
Our Commitment To Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
HelpGood believes that we produce better outcomes when there is a diversity of voices, people and experiences involved in doing the work. We hope you share those values and would help to continually cultivate your curiosity in the world and in others both at work and outside of work as most of our work is focused on creating a more equitable, inclusive and safe world for all.