HelpGood seeks a full-time purpose-driven and experienced Sr. Graphic Designer/Art Director with deep experience in digital to lead design efforts for our social good clients. You must be local to Los Angeles. Reports to HelpGood’s Creative Director.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative, flexible thinker who has a proven track record of success leading in the development of cutting-edge brands and creative material for diverse audiences. The ideal candidate has a passion for social good and should be capable of creating compelling and inspiring designs for digital media platforms, digital experiences, and advertisements of all kinds.
Applicants must be comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline and deliverables-driven setting. Previous agency experience preferred.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Be the design lead on team projects, collaborate to develop visual designs for new clients and campaigns, and complete them on time and on strategy.
- Seek input, requirements and iterative feedback from stakeholders across the company to help define creative design solutions, and present to the team.
- Projects will involve but are not limited to: logo development, visual identity systems, campaign development, photo composite, retouch, digital media, print media, rich media, wireframes, user experience design, and user interface design.
- You’ll be driving design from concept to execution, across multiple platforms and form factors: web, desktop applications, and mobile devices – yes, a Swiss Army knife.
- Design materials that are adaptable to different cultural communities and diverse populations.
- Experience with accessibility design and WCAG preferred.
- Provide quality assurance and attention to detail for all visual elements.
- Create, organize, and share project style guides, pattern libraries, and asset repositories.
- Utilize internal project tracking systems and procedures.
- Continually hone skills in graphic design techniques.
- Grow and contribute to team culture and oversee any third-party design contractors and freelancers.
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree.
- A minimum of 5+ years working as a graphic designer in an agency environment.
- Portfolio showcasing relevant work – nonprofit/university/government experience preferred.
- Strong proven knowledge of graphic design (typography, composition, photo retouch, composite, design trends).
- Strong proven knowledge of digital design (social media, banners, rich media, web experiences, website design, information flow, readability, and interface usability principles).
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite or similar industry standard software (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Figma, Sketch).
- Proven ability to maintain consistency of the client brands across a wide range of deliverables, such as print, digital and social assets.
- Clear and concise communication enabling you to explain the thought process behind your visual design solutions, and rally people around your stated design goals to collaborate with creatives and non-creatives. You will have direct client interactions.
- Strong time management skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and critique.
- Comfortable in fast paced work environment.
- Open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude.
- Strong interest in social issues.
- You must be able to work in the United States.
- $60-$80,000 per year.
- Partially subsidized Health, Dental and Vision options.
- Voluntary Disability Insurance options.
- Company-Sponsored $10,000 Term Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance.
- Health Advocate membership that provides unlimited, confidential access to a dedicated consultant to help you resolve healthcare and insurance-related issues.
- 401K plan with 3% non-elective Company contribution after 90 days of service.
- Discretionary performance-based bonuses.
- 2 weeks paid vacation (that increases with longer retention, up to 15 maximum).
- 11 paid holidays per year. Additional vacation/flex-time between Christmas & New Year’s.
- 6 paid personal/sick days.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Annual $500 professional development stipend.
- Monthly $100 tech/communications stipend.
- $15/month in ClassPass fitness contribution.
- New client bonus (2.5% of any non-inbound client during the first year we work with them).
- Dog-friendly office in LA close to the Grove and Farmers Market.
- Satisfaction knowing that your work is helping make the world a better place.
HelpGood is a full-service marketing and communications agency focused on advancing social good. We help nonprofits, foundations and purpose-driven organizations make a lasting social impact. HelpGood’s offices are in Los Angeles and NYC. We are certified as a B Corp, a Disabled Owned Business Enterprise, and as an LGBT Business Enterprise.
We’ve worked with leading organizations across a variety of social causes and campaigns including animal welfare, diversity and inclusion, the environment, education, human rights, physical and mental health, social justice, and women’s rights. Our clients include leading local and national nonprofits, foundations, government agencies, philanthropists and corporate social responsibility teams like the Ad Council, United Way, Planned Parenthood, data.org, DisabilityIN, NYU, Valor, Housing Works, Animal League America, and the longest-running public service campaign in history, Smokey Bear.
Our marketing and communications work includes crafting campaigns, amplifying messages, creating awareness, inspiring action and cultivating sustainable movements that create social impact at scale.
Our Commitment To Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
HelpGood believes that we produce better outcomes when there is a diversity of voices, people and experiences involved in doing the work. We hope you share those values and would help to continually cultivate your curiosity in the world and in others both at work and outside of work as most of our work is focused on creating a more equitable, inclusive and safe world for all.