More than one in four children a year experiences bullying. Since 2015 HelpGood has been working on this Ad Council anti-bullying marketing campaign focused on inspiring tweens and teens to take action. Our efforts started with prep for the campaign launch in October, anti-bullying month, and have continued to present day. We have lead the social strategy for this effort through three iterations: I Am A Witness, I See Bullying, and the current campaign, Because of You.
HelpGood leverages digital, mobile and social channels, developing and managing the execution of the content marketing strategy. We manage the ongoing editorial calendar, produce and curate content, work with corporate partners like Paramount, Mars, and Nickelodeon, and support promotional partnerships with the likes of Musically, Social Native and others. We also helped support the efforts of YouTube influencers like Grace Helbig, DiegoZ, Harley Morenstein, Brandon Bowen, Glozell Green, Dave Days, Joshua DTV, and Taylor Davis who created videos for their own channels including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Vine.
Since launch, campaign videos, including the PSAs and influencer videos, have received over 20 million video views across the campaign social channels including Facebook, and there have been nearly half a million website sessions. In the four months after launch:
- There were 113,000 downloads of the Emoji keyboard and Emoji sticker pack, and 112,000 Emoji and Emoji stickers sent through a downloadable keyboard and a partnership with the messaging platform, Kik.
- The campaign hashtag #IAmAWitness was used 29,000 times on Twitter and Instagram.
- In one day, custom filters were viewed tens of millions of times on Snapchat.
- Celebrities who shared campaign assets on their social channels include Rachel Platten, Lizzie Velasquez, Perez Hilton, Tyson Chandler, Taylor Hicks, Ashley Rickads, Eiza Gonzalez and Valerie Jarre.
- There were 200 million impressions on Reddit.
- Over 400,000 and 5,000 hearts on Whisper sponsored posts.
The campaign also won a Shorty Award.