In 2011 HelpGood led various social media tactics for the Bedsider campaign for The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy and the Ad Council. The campaign aims to reduce the amount of unplanned pregnancies by educating women and helping them find the method of birth control that’s right for them.Our work involved influencer outreach, digital engineering work, social media strategy:
- Blogger outreach garnering posts that had a collective reach of over 1.5 million people, including mentions in
- top advertising and social media blogs such as The Inspiration Room, All Facebook, AdRants, Osocio, and Brand Republic.
- Mom and family blogs like Sassy Mama in LA, Mommyhood’s Diary, Life According to Damaris, Pink Guayoyo, and Single Mama NYC.
- Sex and relationship blogs like Blue-Eyed Vixen, Vagina Pagina, Drew Pillow, AV Flox, and Abiolatv
- Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ messages about the campaign including mentions by PBS’ To the Contrary, Funky Brown Chick, and Blogs by Latinas
- Promoting the campaign and a three part Funny or Die series called “After Last Night”
- Building Facebook apps leveraging the Buddy Media platform for Bedsider’s Facebook page.
During that time, Bedsider grew:
- Over 1,500 new likes on Facebook
- Over 5,500 views on the Confessions App
- Over 2,700 views on the Method Explorer App
- Nearly 1,000new fans on Twitter